Pitcher Partners reflects on three years using R.Review, Remesys’ innovative online remuneration review software, to streamline the annual salary and incentive review process.
The need to improve the current manual process
Pitcher Partners had previously used spreadsheets to manage their salary reviews. The process was labour intensive for the Human Resources team as each division of the firm required a separate spreadsheet to enter recommendations. The separate documents were then consolidated into a single spreadsheet for moderation, letter preparation, upload to the payroll system and report production.
Pitcher Partners’ old remuneration process was time consuming and presented a risk of error. They sought an alternative that would reduce the administrative effort of the human resources team, streamline the end to end process, reduce the potential for error, and accommodate growth within the firm.
Pitcher Partners implemented R.Review, Remesys’ web-based remuneration review solution, in order to streamline the annual salary and incentive review process. R.Review provided Pitcher Partners with secure online access to a single source of data, including all the information required to make informed salary recommendations, generate salary letters and produce value-add reports.
The Key Benefits
- Online access via a web browser gave Pitcher Partners the ability to complete reviews in a centrally stored single data repository;
- Ability to customise the system in accordance with the firm’s salary bands and pay for performance structures;
- Automated generation of salary letters significantly reduced the administrative workload of the human resources team;
- Automated standard reports and customised reports resulted in significant time savings for the human resources team;
- The hosted environment and secure access gave Pitcher Partners an unprecedented sense of security and comfort around the integrity of highly confidential salary data; and
- Improved credibility of the entire salary review process to management.
The R.Review experience was extremely positive for Pitcher Partners. R.Review transformed the efficiency of its salary and incentive review process, giving the process greater credibility in the eyes of the business and allowing the human resource team to improve their response times, service levels and value-add.
“A great feature of R.Review is the ability to export data. Once our reviews were completed we were able to simply and easily export the salary recommendations to an excel file which we then imported to CHRIS21.”
HR Relationship Manager
R.Review case study
“Access to data can be achieved within a few steps, which means a more effective response time to the business.”
Director, Human Resources
COMPANY:Pitcher Partners Advisors Pty Ltd
Pitcher Partners is an association of full service accounting, audit and advisory firms with a long standing reputation for providing superior expertise and advice to clients with a particular focus on the middle market. Pitcher Partners, including Johnston Rorke, is an association of independent firms in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. Pitcher Partners is also an independent member of Baker Tilly International.
Accounting, Audit & Advisory
R.Review replaced spreadsheets in the annual salary and incentive review process
- Web-based access to a single source of data
- Automated generation of salary letters
- Automated standard and customised reports
- Confidence that reviews would be completed error free
- Security of confidential data
- Improved credibility