Canon Australia implements R.Review to streamline the annual salary review process and joins a number of other high profile organisations that have chosen R.Review, Remesys' innovative online remuneration review software.
The Need to Improve the Current Manual Process
Canon Australia had previously used spreadsheets to manage their salary reviews. The process was labour intensive as managers were provided with a matrix of HR recommendations and emailed spreadsheets, which they used to input or approve their salary increase recommendations.
Canon Australia’s old remuneration process was time consuming for both the business and the remuneration team. There were data integrity concerns stemming from lost information and a high error rate, as well as concerns about data security. Feedback from managers at Canon was that the established review method required an unreasonable time investment and presented a high potential risk for errors to be made.
Wishing to address both the concerns of the business and the remuneration team, Canon Australia sought to replace their manual spreadsheet-based process with a web-based tool that offered uncompromised security and data integrity, and automated much of the time consuming administrative work associated with the company’s annual salary reviews.
After reviewing a number of systems available on the Australian market Canon Australia chose to implement R.Review, Remesys’ web-based remuneration review solution, in order to streamline the annual salary review process.
Canon Australia chose R.Review over other available solutions due to the ease of use it offers the business. R.Review provided Canon Australia’s managers and human resources team with secure online access to a single source of data, including all the information they required to make informed salary recommendations and generate salary letters.
The Key Benefits
R.Review improved the salary review process at Canon by providing a number of benefits including:
- Access via a web browser to a centrally stored single source of data providing managers with the ability to complete reviews easily online;
- Significant time savings for both line managers and the human resources team;
- Automated generation of salary letters significantly reduced the administrative workload of the remuneration team;
- The hosted environment coupled with secure manager and HR access gave Canon an unprecedented sense of security and comfort around the integrity of highly confidential salary data;
- Reduction in the volume of queries and complaints directed to the human resources team by managers as they completed salary reviews for their teams; and
- Flexibility to customise the system in alignment with business' changing requirements.
The R.Review experience was extremely positive for Canon's managers and the remuneration team. Canon was impressed with the Remesys consultants' remuneration knowledge and expertise, as well as their client oriented approach and responsiveness. R.Review exceeded what Canon Australia described as "very high expectations".
"The other real surprise was the ease in the letter preparation. Usually this is the most painful step of a review and with this product it was a breeze!”
Reward and Recognition Manager, Canon
R.Review case study
"Remesys consultants are always very quick to respond, even outside of normal business hours.”
Reward and Recognition Manager
Canon Australia was established in 1978 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Canon Inc. Group. As well as being an industry leader in professional and consumer imaging solutions, Canon Australia operates its own lease finance service.
INDUSTRY:Professional and consumer imaging solutions
EMPLOYEES:R.Review is used for around 1250 employees.
SOLUTION:R.Review replaced spreadsheets in the annual salary review process
- Web-based access to a single source of data
- Significant time savings
- Automated generation of salary letters
- Secure hosted environemnt and manager access
- Reduction in complaints received from managers about the salary review process
- Managers found the system easy to use
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements